Surgery Update

Posted by Chris Kinsley on behalf of Jonathan and Karla.

Jonathan is out of surgery.  The surgeons did remove his skull flap successfully.  They will leave that portion of the skull off for the next 6 months, and Jonathan will be on heavy antibiotics for the next 6 weeks.  The doctor was pleased with the procedure and was confident it was the right thing to do.  They will replace the skull flap if they are able to get rid of the infection in the bone.  If not they will place a synthetic skull piece to replace it.  He will be in the hospital for 5 days at a minimum in order to treat the infection.  Jonathan is in recovery in ICU and Karla is waiting to see him.  Please continue to pray for him as he recovers and for the continued treatment of the infection.

We will update you as we know more.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: